A thesis paper should be deposited at the scolarité office (studies office) thesis service, within 3 months of its defense.
You must bring the following documents to the scolarité office in order to obtain your diploma certificate:
- the distribution contract and authorization for the electronic thesis
- the certificate of conformity signed by the thesis supervisor
- 2 printed copies of the thesis
- The electronic thesis in PDF format (min v. 1.4) tested on the CINES website, containing:
- The summaries of the thesis in French and in English of 4000 letters, numbers and elements of punctuation maximum each, including spaces;
- Key words in French and in English
- The title of the thesis in French and in English
- A discharge paper, taken from the library reception desk, stating that you are no longer in possession of documents belonging to the school.
In order to deposit your file, you have two possibilities:
- Online deposit
- Deposit of the document on CD or DVD
The deposited thesis paper must be the final version, integrating the corrections requested by the jury and the electronic document must conform to the printed copy.
Please bear in mind that the electronic deposit of your thesis is mandatory, even if it is confidential. In that case, it will not be distributed but only archived.
After thesis deposit
Your thesis will be accessible on several websites depending on choices you've made:
- Michel Serres library's catalog (https://catalogue-bibli.ec-lyon.fr)
- french theses portal (http://www.theses.fr/ )
- french higher educational collective catalog (http://www.sudoc.abes.fr/ )
- european e-theses portal (http://www.dart-europe.eu/ )
- multidisciplinary theses server (https://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/ ).
In order to learn more on the actual course of your thesis at the ECL, and on the official texts pertaining to doctorates, please consult the intranet research section (logged in mode)
For informations pertaining to the writing of the thesis and bibliographic references, the different thesis research tools and other useful link, please consult the ‘Toolbox’ page.